Whether you are looking for your electrical license, plumbing and gasfitting license, mechanical license or other specialty DC trade license, we can assist you. Scroll down for information on licenses or click one of the items below:
To learn more about the requirements for a license type, click on the description. If you have specific questions or would like us to help you get your trade license, contact us today.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL APPLICANTS FOR LICENSURE
All applicants for trade licenses in the District of Columbia must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicant must not have been convicted of a crime or moral turpitude which bears directly on the applicant’s fitness to be licensed
- Applicant must submit a completed and notarized application, including required supporting documents and total fee.
- Applicants must pass applicable exams
- Applicants, except contractors, must submit two passport-type photos of the applicant’s face, measuring approximately 2” x 2” with the applicant’s name printed on the back.
- Applicants must submit notarized employment verification letter(s) on company letterhead containing the following information:
- Dates of employment
- Description of duties performed in detail
- Signature of a currently licensed Master
- Master electrician’s license number and state of licensure
- Certificate of Moral Character must be completed by three individuals (who are not related to the applicant) attesting to the applicant’s character.
Other requirements will be set forth when the license type is selected.
DC trade licenses take approximately 1-2 months to complete and must be renewed every two years.